Your Job Title: Transaction Coordinator
Where you will work: Keller Williams Chicago Lincoln Park; Weinberg Choi Residential Team; 2211 N Elston Ave., Suite 104, Chicago, IL 60614
Supervisor: Stephanie Westergaard, Director of Operations
Who are we?
The Weinberg Choi Team is ranked in the top 15 teams in sales volume amongst 14,800 agents in Chicago. In 2017, we successfully closed over $53 million in buyer and seller transactions. We are ranked in the top 1% of all brokers in the city. In addition, we are ranked and recognized in Illinois and nationally. The firm started in 2007 when college friends, Josh Weinberg and Tommy Choi, took their passion and hobby for real estate and turned it into a full-time business. Now, their mission is to support all of our client’s perfect real estate goals, and a build a team who leave legacies. Weinberg Choi supports local and national charities on a monthly basis through their 365 Days of Giving program and they strive to be leaders in the community and real estate industry.
Who are we looking for?
The transaction coordinator ensures that our buyer and seller clients have a smooth contract-to-close period. This person relishes the opportunity to build, implement, and manage multiple systems with minimal supervision. The transaction coordinator is deeply committed to completing tasks the right way with a high degree of quality, attention to detail, and consistent communication. This person has immense focus and can do one thing for a long time without getting distracted. This individual may exhibit some drive and desire to influence; however, the overriding marker of his/her behavior is persistence and stability.
A transaction coordinator is committed to supporting the Admin and Sales arms of our business in achieving greater and greater levels of success, and to growing his/her own skills and developing into a supportive leader within the team. As the success of the team grows, this individual will be responsible for hiring, training, and leading additional team members to ensure all administrative tasks of the lead agent’s business continue to be completed to high standards with maximum efficiency.
What will you do?
These are the standards a well-above average performer will maintain or exceed:
- Take the wheel on all buyer transactions once our buyer’s offer has been accepted.
- Take the wheel on all seller transactions once Tommy Choi and his client have accepted an offer.
- Communicate the next steps with the client.
- Communicate with our client’s attorney and lender to get all updates on the deal.
- Communicate with the cooperating broker and their client’s attorney and lender when necessary.
- Upload all paperwork electronically. Ensure all paperwork is executed by its deadline.
- Work with our office’s Managing Broker on file compliance.
- Complete commission paperwork so both buyer and seller sides get paid.
- Lead generation calls to our clients asking for referrals.
- Oversee all contracts through closing.
- Be the first point of contact in handling customer inquiries or complaints.
- Keep the lead agent informed regarding any problems or issues that need to be handled.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- System development, implementation, and management
- Information management
- Oversight of contracts through closing
- Lead the Weekly Team Meeting to inform the all Weinberg Choi team members of the status of each transaction
- Future hires for the Administrative arm of our business.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and project management abilities
- Great ability to focus
- Concerned about doing things the right way
- Calm under pressure
- Learning based
- Service-based attitude
- Proven ability to succeed
- High school graduate
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1 – 3 years of service and management experience
- 1 – 3 years of administrative experience
TO APPLY: Send a resume and a cover letter to Stephanie Westergaard at email@example.com.